Planning on traveling this summer? So are we! Whether it be 2,000 miles across the country or 200 miles to Grandma’s house, it’s important to be prepared for all types of weather and life events that can happen along the way. Use this list of road trip essentials as a guide to prepare for your next summer vacation.
Summer Road Trip Essentials
What should you pack to be prepared for unexpected life events? Here’s a quick list:
- Important car documents (insurance, registration, etc.)
- Car audit (wheels, brakes, gas, oil, etc.)
- Car phone charger/portable chargers
- First aid kit
- Windshield covers
- Hand sanitizer
- Portable WiFi – It sounds silly, but it makes important online features easily accessible! Check out the company Skyroam, where you can buy or rent a WiFi pack.
- Water bottle and silverware
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Bug spray
- Extra water
- Extra food/snacks
- National parks pass
- Road atlas
- Roadside emergency kit – They usually include jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit and more! Check out this AAA, 64 piece one found on Amazon.
- Small cooler
Looking for some inspirational travel ideas?
According to Travel + Leisure, some of America’s best road trips are:
- Antelope Valley, California
- Rockefeller Parkway, Wyoming
- Route 100, Vermont
- Going-to-the-Sun Road, Montana
- U.S. 1, Florida Keys
- San Juan Skyway, Colorado
- Route 66, Illinois to California
- Route 12, Utah
That’s all for now. Happy traveling!