Should You Invest in a Smart Home?
What is a Smart Home?
A smart home is a home that takes home automation to the next level. It’s built upon the idea of the Internet of Things where objects can communicate, send information and take commands – this includes clocks, speakers, lights, door locks, cameras, window blinds, appliances, etc. Home automation is all about controlling the objects in your home with the sound of your voice or the push of a button. You can even go as far as geofencing your home and setting up certain lights or accessories to turn on once you enter the perimeter. The opportunities are endless, making it even more popular by many individuals.
5 Reasons Why Investing is a Smart Choice
- They're an intelligent alternative to home security. Home security has now entered the era of mobility! Smart door locks let you lock and unlock your home when you’re not there. There are even cameras that can be paired with the locks, automatically turning on when the lock is accessed. In other words, you can always see what’s going on all around your home, from your smartphone.
- They lower the electricity bill. The cost of smart home devices can be daunting, however these solutions often end up paying for themselves.
Smart thermostats learn your heating habits and automatically adjust to eco-friendly temperatures. Nest’s Learning Thermostat can help you save up to 12 percent on heating bills and 15 percent on cooling bills, meaning it pays for itself in less than two years! In addition to smart thermostats, smart lighting systems automatically turn off certain lights or rooms that you’re not in. This means no more energy is wasted on illuminating an empty room! Retrofitting the lighting you already have can reduce your energy by 29 percent!
- They enhance your lifestyle. When looking into smart home technology, make sure it matches your lifestyle! If you choose to go with the color changing lights, which color makes your room stand out more? Or maybe you want the colors to change with the weather or the holiday! Additionally, when looking into smart speakers, consider ones with stellar sound quality and that can connect to each other. The Apple HomePod analyzes the room its in to understand how it should produce sound in the most efficient manner, giving you the best sound quality.
- You get a personal assistant. Voice-activated devices make managing your day-to-day life even easier. Voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Siri enable you to get the news, check your schedule, order an Uber or find nearby gyms. The opportunities are endless!
- They increase your awareness. One of the biggest advantages of smart home technology is all of the information that is readily available. This data can help you make smarter decisions over time. Other helpful tools are smart Internet of Things sensors, which make sure windows and garage doors are closed when you’re not home. Also, smart sensors give you extra peace of mind about your home!
Alexa, post this blog!
Your tech-wizards at Mountain West
Sources: Get Notion
, PC Magazine