Facts about Distracted Driving AT&T
has conducted surveys and found the following statistics:
- 62% keep their smartphones within easy reach while driving.
- 30% of people who post to Twitter while driving do it “all the time.”
- 22% who access social networks while driving cite addiction as a reason.
- Of those who shoot videos behind the wheel, 27% think they can do it safely while driving.
A few additional facts:
- While you are snapping that 2 second photo, your car has just traveled 176 feet driving 60 mph - the length of a football field.
- Text messaging makes a crash up to 23 times more likely to happen.
- Experts say texting while driving is a leading factor in accidents.
The dangers of driving distracted are real. Take the pledge to end distracted driving at ItCanWait.com
Tips to Avoid Distracted Driving
Using your phone while driving is dangerous. Many states have outlawed the use of phones on the road, while others are trying to accomplish the same feat. If you want to keep you and your passengers safe, don't drive distracted.
Did you know we have a safe driver discount? Learn More! Sources: 2017 CBS Interactive Inc., Virtual Drive, AT&T, Bolt Insurance